About this Research Topic
The goal of this Research Topic is to offer new evidence on the mental health experiences of healthcare workers under the Covid 19 pandemic by taking on a broad global perspective. We are particularly interested in new evidence that extends the existing meta-analyses on the topic to build further knowledge.
We invite researchers to submit a range of articles including but not limited to original research articles, reviews, meta-analyses, opinions, perspectives, and case reports to provide new evidence on the following:
• Population differences in prevalence (geographic and gender etc..)
• Recommendations to mitigate against occupational stressors of healthcare workers (prevention, interventions, and treatments)
• Stress, anxiety, depression, sleep and mood disorders of healthcare workers
• Coping with stress, well-being among healthcare workers
• Psychological traumas and PTSD of healthcare workers
• Risk factors i.e. alcohol and substance use of healthcare workers
• Psychological resilience
• The use of social media
Keywords: COVID-19, Mental health, Anxiety, Stress, Healthcare workers, Depression, Infectious Diseases, Coping, Sleep and mood disorders, Well-being
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.