About this Research Topic
This Research Topic covers recent and upcoming breakthroughs in (digital) sleep therapies, biomarkers for sleep disorders, the interaction between sleep disorders and psychiatric disorders, sleep deprivation as a therapeutical intervention, geographic, gender and age-related variance in sleep disorders, quality of sleep, quality of life, and the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on sleep problems.
More specifically, the goal of this Research Topic is to provide a state-of-the-art assessment of the issues associated with sleep disorders exploring diagnosis, biomarkers, interventions, and treatments.
We invite researchers to submit a range of articles including but not limited to original research articles, reviews, opinions, perspectives, and case reports on the following:
• Digital interventions to improve sleep disorders.
• Biomarkers for sleep disorders.
• The interaction between sleep disorders and psychiatric disorders (i.e. mental health risk factors for sleep disorders as well as the exacerbation of psychiatric disorders through sleep disorders).
• Geographic, gender and age-related variation in sleep disorders.
• Sleep disorders and quality of life.
• The influence of the COVID-19 pandemic on sleep disorders.
• Explorations of both long and short-term therapy and treatment programs for sleep disorders.
• Explorations of the therapeutical effect of sleep deprivation.
• How can technology affect sleep quality.
Keywords: Sleep Disorders, Diagnosis, Biomarkers, Interventions and Treatments, sleep deprivation
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.