About this Research Topic
This Research Topic aims to provide a forum for researchers to share the latest findings in interaction mechanisms of plants and soil microorganisms in a warmer world. High-quality Original Research and Review articles in this field are welcome for submission.
Research interests include, but are not limited to:
• Soil microbial composition and diversity variations in different vegetation types based on in-situ observations and numerical model simulations in a warmer world
• Soil microbial function and structure variation under the plant invasion process in a warmer world
• Soil microbial composition and diversity changes and their impacts on biogeochemical cycles in a warmer world
• Changes in seasonal frost and permafrost (perennial frost) as well as their impacts on the hydrological process and water resources and supply
• Impacts of global warming on soil microbial structure and function
• Impacts of global warming on the variations of vegetation and soil microorganisms
• Impacts of plant root exudates on soil microorganisms in a warmer world
• Impacts of soil microorganisms on plant physiology in a warmer world
Keywords: vegetation, bacteria, fungi, soil microbial diversity, eco-environmental impacts, climate change
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.