About this Research Topic
With this Research Topic we aim at gathering recent advances in the development of molecular biology, pathogenesis and diagnosis of diseases caused by Apicomplexan parasites. Moreover, vaccine development and new drugs with great medical importance for the control and eradication of diseases including (but not limited to) Malaria, Babesiosis, Cryptosporidiosis and Toxoplasmosis are encouraged.
We welcome prospective authors to contribute Original Research and Review articles covering the following topics:
1. Omics analysis in Apicomplexan Parasites.
2. Biological mechanisms involved in the pathogenesis of Apicomplexan Parasites.
3. Biomarkers discoveries for diagnosis of Apicomplexan parasites.
4. Exploration of new vaccine candidates against Apicomplexan Parasites.
5. Screening of novel drugs or repurposing of existing drugs for the treatment of diseases caused by Apicomplexan parasites.
Keywords: Pathogenesis, Apicomplexa, Molecular biology, Treatment
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.