About this Research Topic
This special issue intends to consolidate recent research and applications in digital health (broadly defined) interventions and applications in pain management. Specifically, the research consolidation will endeavor to expand the field of pain management theory and practice to include digital health methodologies. The focus will be on aligning to the principles of digital health as a means to ensure enhanced pain management efficacy, an extension of pain management research using digital applications, and the integration of digital health pain management techniques into health care settings. An emphasis on cost efficiency, usability, and inclusion will be taken.
We welcome the submission of manuscripts including, but not limited to, the following:
• Digital health interventions in pain management demonstrating physiological and/or psycho-social impacts
• The contribution of digital health pain management methodologies to traditional pain management protocols and/or pain management models
• Application of digital health methods of pain management to real-world environments, with a focus on:
- Original research on Digital Solution applications in the pain field
- Cost-benefit analyses of digital health methodologies
- Socio-cultural factors influencing digital pain management interventions and adoption
- Suitability of digital health methodologies for resource-constrained environments
- Lessons learned and fundamental enhancements to digital health pain management from the Covid-19 pandemic
• Extension of digital health methods with potential for the area of pain management
• Directions and protocols for future research.
Keywords: digital health, pain management
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.