About this Research Topic
This is a Research Topic combining the contributions of the 2nd international conference in sustainable food packaging of the Circul-a-bility network. The topic will cover research focused on all aspects of sustainable food packaging, including new materials and their physical chemical properties, end of life, recyclability, the safety of the food contact materials, their ability to protect or enhance the shelf life of the food, the design of more active and intelligent solutions, consumer behavior and life cycle analysis.
Research contributions, reviews and perspectives are welcome.
The topics in scope for the submission span all the dimensions of the sustainable food packaging domain
• Life cycle assessment and eco-design analysis
• Bio-based packaging, intelligent and active packaging
• End of life studies, recyclability
• Food contact materials, their safety and material properties
• Post-harvest changes due to packaging modifications
• Consumer studies and organizational-stakeholder analyses
Keywords: sustainable food packaging, food systems, sustainable solutions
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.