About this Research Topic
Health care transition for adult patients with childhood-onset chronic diseases (APCCD) became an important topic in both medical practice and medical economics. Health care transition means a multi-faced, active process where adolescents move from child to adult centered care. It is necessary to contain medical, psychosocial, educational and ethical issues based on various cultural and religious backgrounds to achieve successful transition. This Research Topic presents latest information about advances of health care transition from multifaceted professionals from all over the world.
Key elements of this Topic are as follows:
1) Advances of health care transition: international perspective
2) Essential elements of medical education for doctors and patients
3) Mental health problems of APCCD
4) Multidisciplinary approach for APCCD
5) Key issues to transfer patient with APCCD to adult centered care
6) Strategies for youth engagement and advocacy to promote successful transition
7) Evaluation of successful transition
Discussion on design and promotion of transition from all over the world will give us valuable information to improve outcome of health care transition.
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.