About this Research Topic
The aim of this research is to offer a broad overview of the microbial polymer production of commercial interest, from an approach based on the design of new producing strains, the factors that mainly determine their production, as well as recovery issues and the scaling of the process. Additionally, this research seeks to incorporate novel studies that address the design of new strategies for the production and downstream processing of biopolymers, as well as their commercial applications.
1) Production of microbial polymers,
2) Molecular regulation of the synthesis of biopolymers,
3) Influence of fermentation parameters on the production and composition of microbial polymers,
4) Scaling-up of microbial polymer production and downstream processing,
5) Novel fermentation strategies.
Keywords: Microbial biopolymers, production by fermentation, applications, downstream
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.