About this Research Topic
The aim of the Research Topic is to disseminate advancements in electro-chemical energy storage technologies, pumped hydro storage, energy storage technologies in grid balancing, short-term and long-term energy storage from renewable energy sources, energy storage in the form of electrolytic hydrogen and reutilization, electro-chemical energy storage materials developments for improving energy density, pumped hydro storage operation and control management with intermittent renewable energy sources, etc.
This Research Topic is expected to include best outcomes from the HEREM 2023 (2023 The 9th International Symposium on Hydrogen Energy, Renewable and Materials (HEREM 2023)), and to have more submissions from the potential identified authors (outside of HEREM 2023).
Scope and information for authors:
• Role of energy storage for grid balancing
• Electro-chemical energy conversion process for energy storage technologies
• Grid integration of battery energy technologies
• Techno-economic sizing and operation of energy storage technologies for renewable energy-based systems
• Integrated renewable energy systems with hydrogen
• Energy storage in electrolytic hydrogen (i.e., production, storage, transportation, and utilization)
• Pumped hydro storage system
• Energy management techniques for energy storage
• Energy storage in e-mobility
• Control, operation, and planning of energy storage systems
Keywords: power systems; energy systems; energy management; electrical power systems; renewable energy;
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.