About this Research Topic
This Research Topic will provide a review of current technology using silicone and rubber materials for creating sensors on the one hand and haptic devices on the other hand. This will help exploring the reasons of current emergence of soft haptic interfaces and identifying the benefits associated with applying soft robotics in this field. Based on this, the research community will be able to explore the challenges that lie ahead to create new robot systems that can enhance feeding back haptic information to the human in the future.
List of topics
• Merging soft robotics and haptics: state of the art, current research efforts
• Soft haptic devices
• Stiffness-controllable mechanisms used for haptic feedback
• Design: basic architectures, optimization, scaling
• controllability, stability of haptic feedback devices
• Future direction of development in soft haptic interfaces
• Soft tissue palpation in MIS
• Granular jamming robots
• Dynamic interaction modeling
• Sensor made of soft materials
• Testing and validation of soft haptic interfaces
Keywords: Soft Robotics, Haptics, Haptic Interfaces, Wearable Technology, Simulation
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.