About this Research Topic
• Wildlife welfare in relation to habitat destruction and biodiversity loss.
• Wildlife welfare in relation to conservation efforts, including captive breeding and/or translocation, during captivity and/or after release.
• Wildlife welfare in relation to wildlife tourism.
• Wildlife welfare in relation to interactions between wildlife and livestock (predation, disease transmission, hunting, poinsoning).
• Wildlife welfare in relation to research, at research facilities or in the wild (including aspects of camera traps or drones, GPS or radio transmitters).
• Wildlife welfare in relation to game management and hunting.
• Marine wildlife welfare, including fishing, sports fishing and by-catch.
• Animal welfare aspects of invasive species, including eradication programmes.
• Attitudes to wildlife welfare.
Types of manuscripts:
This research topic welcomes contributions such as reviews, original research, and short communications.
Keywords: animal welfare, 3R, zoo, conservation, game hunting
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.