About this Research Topic
We encourage the submission of articles reporting advances in synthetic chemistry (e.g., small molecules, polymers, or nanostructures); methodology and mechanistic studies (including computational/theoretical approaches); medicinal chemistry (e.g., compound libraries or studies to elucidate mechanism of action); and materials chemistry (e.g., investigations of the properties of novel polymeric and soft materials). A particular focus will be put on molecular scaffolds that are uniquely accessible via isocyanide-based multicomponent reactions, with articles ranging from demonstrations of synthetic strategies to the properties derived from these novel compounds.
We welcome full and mini-review, original research articles, and method articles in regard to:
• Design and synthesis of molecules
• Green and sustainable synthesis
• Novel reactions
• Combinatorial and high-throughput methods
• Chemical biology and medicinal chemistry
• Polymer synthesis and properties
• Soft materials and biomaterials
• Organocatalytic processes
• Transition-metal catalyzed reactions
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.