About this Research Topic
The advance of care and treatment for pediatric vascular diseases, including systemic, coronary and pulmonary vascular diseases realized the survival of patients with such diseases in adolescents and young adults (AYA) under rigorous medical surveillance. However, we occasionally observe morbidity and mortality in such patients in AYA generation.
The organizers would expect original or review papers revising the pediatric vascular disease, from the experience of survivors in AYA generation, which will surely give an insight into optimizing the outcome and the future direction of research, from the view point of the life-long cardiology of pediatric vascular diseases.
Areas to cover would include:
1. pulmonary hypertension long after correction of congenital heart defects
2. peripheral pulmonary stenosis in Williams syndrome or elsewhere
3. coronary sequelae long after acute Kawasaki disease, clinics
4. coronary sequelae long after acute Kawasaki disease, pathology
5. coronary sequelae long after repair for coronary fistula
6. systemic hypertension long after repair for CHD, including CoA
7. systemic/pulmonary vascular complications in adults with pediatric-onset Takayasu arteritis
Keywords: pulmonary hypertension, Kawasaki disease, coronary fistula, aortic coarctation, hypertension
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.