About this Research Topic
With this Research Topic we seek contributions that showcase the most exciting development in the field of lymphatics that include, but are not limited to, the following themes:
- Mechanisms and regulation of the lymphatic vasculature during obesity, development of fatty liver disease, insulin resistance and diabetes.
- The effect of obesity, associated complications (i.e. hyperinsulinemia, inflammation, etc.) and diabetes on the lymphatic system.
- Interaction between the gut microbiota and lymphatic integrity and function.
- Molecular mechanisms regulating immune cell trafficking and lymphatic endothelial permeability during obesity and diabetes.
- Crosstalk between the lymphatic vasculature and adipose tissue in obesity and metabolic syndrome.
- Regulation of cholesterol and lipoprotein transport by lymphatics.
- Molecular pathways activated by lipid-induced LEC proliferation, migration and signaling in vitro and in vivo .
We also call for contributions that document innovative protocols to study the lymphatic system in vitro and in animal models, as well as in humans.
This Research Topic welcomes submissions of the following article types: Brief Research Report, Data Report, Hypothesis and Theory, Methods, Mini Review, Opinion, Original Research, Perspective, Review, Systematic Review and Technology and Code.
Keywords: lymphatics, diabetes, obesity, permeability, lipids, immune cells, metabolism
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.