About this Research Topic
The primary aim of this Research Topic is to consolidate and bring new updates on important information on the clinical spectrum, molecular defects and therapeutic interventions in different inborn errors of immunity that are commonly observed in India. We are particularly interested in molecular data obtained from large cohorts of patients with PIDs and the use of HSCT for the treatment of PIDs. Additionally, studies focusing on the impact of consanguinity on PIDs are welcome. Besides giving vital information about PIDs in India, this Research Topic aims at giving future directions for expanding the facilities for diagnosis and management of PIDs.
We welcome authors to submit Review, Original Research, and Method articles related to primary immune deficiencies in India. Comprehensive data on PIDs across the country will be greatly appreciated including molecular defects in PID, diagnostic achievement and new methods for diagnosis as well as clinical characteristics of different PID and region-specific PID are highly welcome We welcome submissions related to the following topics:
1. Mendelian susceptibility to mycobacterial diseases in India.
2. Spectrum of SCID in India: Phenotypes and challenges in diagnosis.
3. Spectrum of Antibody deficiencies with special emphasis on XLA.
4. Hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis: diagnosis and management.
5. Progress and Challenges in HSCT in PID in India.
6. Neutrophil Disorders including Chronic Granulomatous Disease and Leukocyte Adhesion Deficiencies
7. Progress in understanding the spectrum of HIES in India.
8. Phenotypes and Genotypes of Wiscott Aldrich Syndrome.
9. Autoinflammatory Disorders
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.