About this Research Topic
Goals of this Research Topic: (1) to identify and share the best recent practices and innovations related to social, environmental and health policies; (2) to debate on relevant governance modes, management tools as well as evaluation and impact assessment techniques; (3) to discuss dilemmas in the fields of management, financing, designing, implementing, testing, and maintaining the sustainability of innovative models of delivering social, health and care services; and (4) to recognize and analyze social, technological and health innovation that has emerged or has been scaled-up to respond to crisis situations, for example, a pandemic of the COVID-19 coronavirus disease.
This Research Topic welcomes papers that will provide both theoretical and empirical findings. Potential issues include, but are not limited to:
• Innovative, co-design, co-creation, and co-production schemes based on diversity of policy ideas in the areas of social policy, environmental policy, and health policy.
• Disruptions and challenges for integrated public policies and programs on social, environmental and health issues related to delivering social, health, and care services.
• Governance, public management, and organizational management related issues including multilevel, multi-stakeholder, and multi-sectoral approaches to healthy and age-friendly environments, cities, and communities.
• Opportunities, criticism, and ethical controversies related to digital social innovation, e-health, plant-based innovation, food innovation, AI, ICT, and 3D solutions, social and service robotics, smart environments, gerontechnology, and welfare technology.
• The ideas that are relevant for the social policy, environmental policy, and health policy related to concepts such as the silver economy, longevity economy, social economy, circular economy, green economy, and sharing economy.
We welcome researchers from areas such as sociology, psychology, public policy, economics, management, public health, communication, environmental science, geography, and urban science. Reviews and papers on philosophical and ethical issues are also welcome.
Keywords: Ambient Assisted Living, Assistive Technologies, Circular Economy, Co-design, Co-creation and Co-production, COVID-19, Design and innovation design, Digital Health, Telehealth, Telecare, Environmental Innovations, Environmental Policy, Future Health and Health Care, Governance and Management, Green Economy, Information and Communication Technologies, Longevity Economy, Public Trust, Robotics, Sharing Economy, Silver Economy, Smart Environments, Social Economy, Social Innovation, Social Policy, Sustainability, Universal Design, Health Policy
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.