About this Research Topic
Green Deal Strategies (GDS) in recent years have acquired a completely new meaning, apart from economic and social aspects, they have also started to concern environmental aspects of human activity. Currently GDS address climate change along with achieving other social aims like job creation and reducing economic inequality. It should be noted that one of the key blocks of the Green Deal is the implementation of a circular economy (CE) model, which aims to more sustainable management of raw materials coming from primary and secondary sources. Therefore, the novel insights into GDS, which includes key areas of the CE implementation - water, energy and raw materials are of particular interest to researchers and entrepreneurs, as well as policy makers and society.
The goal of this Research Topic is to present examples of how advances in policy and technology that take into account environmental, economic, and social solutions when focusing on the use of water, energy and raw materials in production cycles. This Research Topic seeks to contribute to the realization of GDS through detailed inventory of multidisciplinary knowledge with high scientific and practical importance, which can contribute to improving the quality of the environment and achieving a balance between human activities and nature.
This Research Topic aims to address the following topics but not limited to:
• Green Deal Strategies
• Climate Change and Climate Neutrality
• Circular Economy (CE) model in water, energy and raw materials sectors
• Toxic-free Environment (water – soil – air)
• Bioeconomy, Ecosystems and Biodiversity
• Climate Change Impacts on Water Resource
• Sustainable Management and Use of Water Resources
• Sustainable Management and Use of Raw Materials
• Sustainable Management and Use of Energy Resources
• Clean Energy Transition
• Digital Technologies & Smart Mobility
• Networking and New Forms of Collaboration in Green Transition
• Education and Role of Society in Green Transition
• Policy Levers: Regulation, Standardisation, National and Regional Reforms
• Impact of the coronavirus pandemic on Green Transition
We invite multidisciplinary paper, including research papers, critical reviews or case studies, which are relevant to Green Deal strategies in the area of water, energy and raw materials.
Keywords: Green Deal, Circular Economy, sustainability, strategy, water, energy, raw materials
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.