About this Research Topic
After the success of the first international Meeting Bio.Natural held in 2019 in Lisbon, the organization announces the second edition of the event in 2021. The II Bio.Natural Meeting – Bioactive Natural Products Research Meeting aims to be a forum for researchers who are working on projects exploring the multiple applications offered by natural products. Natural products from plants or microorganisms and their biological and pharmacological effects based on people's use are important as a source of therapeutic agents. Medicinal substances such as extracts or isolated compounds are thus valuable tools for drug development or elucidation of the structural requirements for potential clinical application.
In this Research Topic hosted by Frontiers in Pharmacology called “II Bio.Natural-Bioactive Natural Products Research Meeting: Pharmacology Perspectives”, we would like to emphasize the high value of natural products, focusing on pharmacological aspects. This Research Topic welcomes especially Original Research and Review articles on the following themes, but not limited to:
• Natural Products pharmacology.
• Natural products in drug discovery.
• Natural products chemistry.
• Bioactivity of natural products.
• Marine natural products.
• Functional foods and food supplements.
• Other fields related to natural products.
Upon submission, authors will need to select the Section of the Journal they wish to submit to, and the studies need to adhere to the scope of the section as well as quality guidelines, if applicable. Please see below.
- Ethnopharmacology – Studies submitted must comply with the “Four Pillars of Best Practice in Ethnopharmacology” (you can freely download the full version here) and fit in the scope of the section (see here).
- Experimental Pharmacology and Drug Discovery – Studies submitted must fit in the scope of the section (see here).
All the submitted manuscripts will be peer-reviewed and, if accepted, articles will be published in the Journal Frontiers in Pharmacology.
Keywords: Natural Products, Pharmacology, Bioactivity, Natural Products Chemistry, Marine Natural Products, Functional foods, Food supplements
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.