About this Research Topic
This Research Topic aims to serve as a forum for researchers in this field to contribute the latest discoveries and progress in the applications of artificial intelligence in the oil and gas industry. High-quality Original Research and Review articles in the related areas are all welcome to submit to this Research Topic. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
1. Data mining, analytics and interpretation in the well logging data, fracturing data, production data and others.
2. Well Testing, formation evaluation, reservoir property estimation.
3. Fracturing effect estimation during fracturing, flowback, and production for tight oil/gas and shale oil/gas.
4. The discovery or solution of PDE in porous media, mathematical modeling, proxy models, history matching.
5. Theories, methods, technology, and design for complex reservoir development, such as reservoir percolation theory and application technology, field development theories and methods and technology for enhancing recovery efficiency.
6. The production optimization, well placement and well pattern optimization.
7. Techniques and technologies for oil and gas drilling and production.
8. Well logging, rock mechanics, digital rock.
9. Other related topics in oil and gas development.
This Research Topic is linked to InterPore2022. Please select "Frontiers in Earth Science" when submitting your manuscript if you attend the InterPore2022 conference (http://www.interpore.org/2022).
Keywords: artificial intelligence, data mining, deep learning, oil and gas, reservoir property estimation, production optimization
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.