About this Research Topic
The use of geoscience data to identify and explore natural resources (e.g. mineralization, fuel, geothermal potential, groundwater, etc) using recent and advanced techniques, is of global interest. Finding new natural resources can be a significant help for the sustainable development of some countries. New methods, techniques and approaches can be applied for exploring natural resources including geophysics, geology, mineralogy, artificial intelligence, and mineral systems. These techniques can also help assess different natural hazards and how they can be predicted, their risks can be minimized, and their optimal use.
The manuscripts submitted to this Research Topic should address, but are not limited to, the following points:
1. Application of different geological methods for natural resources exploration;
2. Application of different artificial intelligence tools to forecast and predict natural resource abundance;
3. Mineral systems and exploration program systems;
4. Application of geophysics for predicting geological structures and implications to exploration systems;
5. Predicting and forecasting natural hazards;
6. Application of machine learning for predicting and evaluating natural resources (mineralization, fuel, groundwater, geothermal potential, etc.);
8. Review of existing natural resources forecast algorithms/competitions;
9. Advancing natural resource forecasting by machine learning of various geosciences data.
Keywords: natural resources, machine learning, mineralization, geophysics for natural resources exploration, field data, advanced algorithm, natural hazards
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.