About this Research Topic
In this manner, the main purpose of this Research Topic is to cover the remaining research challenges relating not only to the evolution and mathematical foundations of fractional-order calculus, but also to the control, design, and electronic realization of fractional-order systems with an emphasis on engineering applications. Particularly, topics related to general fractional calculus of constant order, general factional calculus of variable order, local fractional calculus, and their extended versions concerning another function are welcome.
The topics to be covered, but not limited, are the following:
• Numerical algorithms with an emphasis on time simulation optimization
• Definitions of variable order derivatives.
• Special functions and applications in fractional calculus.
• New fractional derivative operators.
• Synchronization of fractional-order dynamical systems.
• Fractional-order neural networks
• Fractional-order memristors
• Chaotic dynamics in fractional-order dynamical systems.
• Circuit theory of fractional-order dynamical systems.
• Embedded digital realizations of fractional-order dynamical systems.
• Fractional-order filters and oscillators.
• Control techniques of fractional-order dynamical systems.
• Fractional-order dynamical systems for modeling biological, biochemical, and biomedical phenomena.
• Fractional derivatives in signal processing.
• Stability conditions in fractional-order piecewise-linear dynamical systems
• Semi-analytical solution methods
Keywords: Fractional calculus, Chaotic systems, Discrete systems, Hidden attractors, Memristors, Encryption, Security, Control, Algorithms, FPGAs, electronic circuits.
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.