About this Research Topic
This Research Topic aims to collect selected contributions from ICPSBBB 2018, the 2nd International Conference on Plant Synthetic Biology, Bioengineering, and Biotechnology held in Clearwater, FL, United States, on November 29th - December 1st 2018.
The conference covers all aspects of plant synthetic biology, ranging from tools to design predictable functions and precision genome editing, to designed photosynthesis, plant bioengineering techniques, and rational design of novel plant traits. Contributions on the following subjects are welcome in this Research Topic:
- Tissue Culture and Transformation of Recalcitrant Species
- Transgenic Approaches for Improving Traits and Performance of Crops
- Engineering of the Chloroplast Genome
- Gene-Editing Tools
- Plant Foundry: Biopolymers, Biopharmaceuticals and Medically Effective
- Secondary Metabolites (Vaccines, Antibodies, and Metabolites)
- Synthetic Biology Tools and Quantitative Aspects of Gene Circuit Design
Contributors are welcome to submit Original Research articles, Methods, and Review articles. Submissions in this Research Topic are limited to the conference attendees and their co-authors.
Keywords: Synthetic Biology, Genome Editing, Plant Transformation, Crop Engineering, Metabolic Engineering
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.