Impact Factor 4.106 | CiteScore 4.47
More on impact ›
Plant Biotechnology publishes significant findings and major advances in all branches of plant biotechnology, providing a single platform for articles that address the attempts of modern technologies to satisfy increasing demands for crop production and to extend the exploitability of plants to include other sustainable uses. Topics covered by this section include, but are not limited to:
· Engineering of crops for improvement of agronomic traits in any field related to making the production of crops more sustainable, increasing plant yield, plant adaptation to environmental stresses, disease resistance or crop nutritional value
· Engineering of non-crop model systems resulting in increased yield (biomass, seed production)
· Engineering of terrestrial, aquatic or marine plant systems (including industrial crops and natural systems) for production of biofuels and other bio materials with industrial applications
· Engineering of plant systems for application in phytoremediation and development of environmental sensors
· Field-testing and commercialization of modified plants
· Safety and regulatory affairs
The section expects that most submissions involve either the production or analysis of plants that have been genetically altered. Manuscripts analyzing gene function, characterizing germplasm and landraces, presenting functional and molecular genomics approaches are taken in consideration only if they lead to agronomic traits improvement. Papers describing the development of transformation systems, plant tissue culture and regeneration studies do not fall within the scope of this section.
Please consider the quality and content requirements for experimental studies as listed below
Indexed in: PubMed, PubMed Central, Scopus, Web of Science, Google Scholar, DOAJ, CrossRef, AGRICOLA
PMCID: all published articles receive a PMCID
Plant Biotechnology welcomes submissions of the following article types: Correction, Editorial, Hypothesis and Theory, Methods, Mini Review, Opinion, Original Research, Perspective, Review and Systematic Review.
All manuscripts must be submitted directly to the section Plant Biotechnology, where they are peer-reviewed by the Associate and Review Editors of the specialty section.
Articles published in the section Plant Biotechnology will benefit from the Frontiers impact and tiering system after online publication. Authors of published original research with the highest impact, as judged democratically by the readers, will be invited by the Chief Editor to write a Frontiers Focused Review - a tier-climbing article. This is referred to as "democratic tiering". The author selection is based on article impact analytics of original research published in all Frontiers specialty journals and sections. Focused Reviews are centered on the original discovery, place it into a broader context, and aim to address the wider community across all of Plant Science.
Avenue du Tribunal Fédéral 34
CH – 1005 Lausanne
Tel +41(0)21 510 17 40
Fax +41 (0)21 510 17 01
For all queries regarding manuscripts in Review and potential conflicts of interest, please contact email@example.com
For queries regarding Research Topics, Editorial Board applications, and journal development, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org