Impact Factor 5.753 | CiteScore 8.2
More on impact ›
Plant Pathogen Interactions publishes original, refereed research on the interactions between plants and pathogenic microrganisms, pests and viruses. The Specialty Section welcomes manuscripts that advance knowledge and understanding of aspects including:
· Molecular communication between plants and microorganisms (e.g. bacteria, fungi, oomycetes, viruses) as well as nematodes, insects and mites, and parasitic plants
· Molecular dynamics in multitrophic interactions involving plants
· Genetic and epigenetic dynamics as well as transgenerational effects in plant pathogen interactions
· Mechanisms of plant pathogenesis
· Suppression or evasion of plant defense responses by pathogens
· Exchange, diversion, and utilization of nutrients during plant pathogen interactions
· Plant developmental and immune responses to pathogens at the molecular and cellular level
· The reciprocal relationship between the plant immune system and the microbiome, and its relevance for plant health
· Molecular evolution and ecology of plant pathogen interactions
· The control of plant pathogen interactions by the environment
· Technological approaches to control pathogens and pests and enhance plant productivity.
We expect contributions that employ state-of-the-art technology and approaches, and we especially welcome studies that take interdisciplinary approaches to decipher the great complexity of the mechanisms underlying plant pathogen interactions. Descriptive studies that report phenotypic (morphological, developmental, or physiological) responses or that describe effects already shown in other species will not be considered if they do not address the molecular relevance to the plant pathogen association or if they provide negligible advancement of knowledge.
Works describing plant symbiotic interactions do not fall within the scope of this Section and should be submitted to.
Please consider the requirements for experimental studies as listed below
Indexed in: AGRICOLA, CrossRef, DOAJ, Google Scholar, PubMed, PubMed Central (PMC), Scopus, Web of Science Science Citation Index Expanded (SCIE)
PMCID: all published articles receive a PMCID
Plant Pathogen Interactions welcomes submissions of the following article types: Correction, Editorial, Hypothesis and Theory, Methods, Mini Review, Opinion, Original Research, Perspective, Review and Systematic Review.
All manuscripts must be submitted directly to the section Plant Pathogen Interactions, where they are peer-reviewed by the Associate and Review Editors of the specialty section.
Avenue du Tribunal Fédéral 34
CH – 1005 Lausanne
Tel +41(0)21 510 17 40
Fax +41 (0)21 510 17 01
For all queries regarding manuscripts in Review and potential conflicts of interest, please contact email@example.com
For queries regarding Research Topics, Editorial Board applications, and journal development, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org