About this Research Topic
Organizations in the digital era are looking to change their mindsets and find new ways to reawaken their talent for innovation in order to be competitive in the marketplace. In this regard, they increasingly fulfill new requirements for cooperation, exchange relationships, usage of new technologies and information technology platforms (e.g. artificial intelligence), virtualization of organizational life and, among others, the digital transformation of employment relationships. Therefore, more and more organizations should consider all kinds of stakeholders (customers, employees, providers, freelancers, …) as co-creators of key-value needed to excel.
In this regard, the individualized and classical process of creation of value has been increasingly replaced for a joint process of co-creation activities that have become the central process of any economic exchange. Basically, the co-creation process is when different agents work together to produce a mutually valued outcome. Therefore, this co-creation of value happens in a dynamic shared space where multiple stakeholders converse. Accordingly, recent research on value co-creation has been mainly focused on two key aspects; on the one hand, in the proper co-creation activities of exchanging (knowledge, skills, experience and so on), and on the other hand, in the outputs of the whole co-creation process.
Co-creation among economic agents has been a new lens to study interesting organizational aspects in the digital era such as customer/employee insights, intellectual and intangible resources measurement and management, the alignment with the organizational mission statement, brand identification and loyalty, service quality, brand experience, and differentiation and return on investment. Building on these considerations, the current Research Topic aims to deepen the knowledge on the role of value co-creation in organizations, from interdisciplinary psychological perspectives.
This Research Topic welcomes empirical and theoretical articles, perspectives and review papers that engage with any of the following (or related) areas of interest, though we also welcome areas that are included below:
• Social and psychological determinants of value co-creation.
• Efficacy of Organizational culture and value co-creation process.
• Managing value co-creation in organizations.
• Ethical and moral aspects of value co-creation.
• Value co-creation and brand positioning.
• Motivations for value co-creation.
• Organizational ecosystems for value co-creation.
• The role of knowledge, skills, and experience in value co-creation.
• Cases and strategies of Co-creation in practice.
• Value co-creation in services (Tourism, Consultancy, Marketing…).
• Cybersecurity and value co-creation.
• Value co-creation in teams and R&D Projects.
• Measuring co-creation of value.
Keywords: intangible resources, digital era, collaboration, value Co-creation
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.