About this Research Topic
The optoelectronic device is a type of functional device concerning interdisciplinary research between optical and electronical technologies, and is the core component of optoelectronic technology. In the new century, with the rapid development of the optoelectronic industry, the market of optoelectronic devices in the world is increasing year by year. The technological development has a significant impact on the optoelectronic industry and the electronic information industry as a whole. Optoelectronic devices are widely used in the fields of communication, electro-optical conversion, display, lighting and sensing, which represent the frontier research fields of modern optoelectronic and microelectronics technologies.
In order to meet the various future needs of humanity, there is still a lot of research to be done to enhance the electro-optical conversion efficiency of optoelectronic devices. The realization of all the functions of optoelectronic devices is essentially driven by the optimization of their physical models, which can determine the properties of the electro-optical conversion, energy harvesting, light-emitting, logic gates, and displays, etc. Therefore, a device with excellent performance can be predicted and many wrong attempts can be avoided by optimizing the physical model of optoelectronic devices. In addition, it is also very important to study various possible applications of new devices, which may enable new technologies to facilitate people's lives and to promote further industrialization.
In view of the above reasons, in this Research Topic we would like to share the latest progress and discuss the future research trends of physical model and applications of optoelectronic devices for improving the performance of electro-optical conversion. At the same time, we welcome discussions on technical challenges and new technologies in this field. We are particularly interested in contributions that explore any of the following topics (but not limited to):
- Physical model and basic electrical principle of electro-optical conversion
- New application fields and methods of optoelectronic devices
- A new principle device and its material structure, device manufacturing and performance optimization
- Electronic transport theory in material research of optoelectronic devices
- Optical information transmission and detection for quantum devices
- Characteristic analysis and simulation of optoelectronic devices for optimizing performance
- Research and application of optoelectronic integration in the field of display
- New applications of traditional optoelectronic display devices in biomedicine and healthcare
- New physical model simulation method of optoelectronic devices
- Design and simulation of display device application systems
Dr. Zhen-Guo Fu (Institute of Applied Physics and Computational Mathematics) and Dr. Bao Peng (Shenzhen Institute of Information Technology): Co-ordinators for the project.
Keywords: physical model, optoelectronic device, displays, electro-optical conversion, light-emitting
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.