About this Research Topic
To unravel immunological mechanisms underlying several of these immune-mediated non communicable diseases and highlight their specificities in Africa is the aim of this research topic. The frontiers between communicable and non-communicable diseases will be also explored, particularly host genetic susceptibility to infections and allergy to parasites.
We welcome the submission of Original Research, Review, Mini-Review, Case Report, Hypothesis and Theory, and Perspective articles in the following areas:
1. Immune mechanisms underlying rheumatological and other auto-immune conditions.
2. Immunology of multiple sclerosis and other neuro-inflammatory diseases.
3. Molecular basis of inborn errors of immunity and specificities in Africa.
4. Immunity to cancer in the African context.
5. Allergies in Africa and interplay with parasitic infections.
We acknowledge the initiation and support of this Research Topic by the International Union of Immunological Societies (IUIS). We hereby state publicly that the IUIS has had no editorial input in articles included in this Research Topic, thus ensuring that all aspects of this Research Topic are evaluated objectively, unbiased by any specific policy or opinion of the IUIS.
Keywords: Society affiliation RT
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.