About this Research Topic
As the core driving force of present scientific and technological revolution, artificial intelligence (AI) is profoundly changing the world. With the increasing scale of power system, its dynamic characteristics become more and more complex, and the contradiction between complexity and security becomes quite prominent. Thus, higher requirements are needed for system security and stability assessment, and AI can generally provide a promising solution for system stability assessment. The widely interconnected, highly intelligent, open, interactive, and sustainable smart grid supported by big data is the development trend of future energy and power industry. Hence, exploitation and implementation of various advanced AI based modelling, optimization, control, and planning techniques are extremely critical for an economic and efficient operation of the next generation of smart grid.
This Research Topic aims to focus on the remarkable solutions, methodologies, approaches, tools finalized along this direction, mainly on the most recent investigations and studies to address the technical issues and research gaps within applications of AI techniques in smart grid. Researchers and experts worldwide are welcomed to submit high-quality Original Research papers and Review articles on the subsequent potential topics.
Potential topics aim at covering themes including, but not limited to:
• Optimal generation dispatching/operations/planning for Smart Grid systems with high renewable energy penetration
• Data driven methods or data analytics based renewable energy generation forecasting
• Advanced energy storage technology for Smart Grid
• Optimal planning and sizing of energy storage system/distributed generation
• Fault detection and diagnosis techniques for Smart Grid
• Digital twin technology for Smart Grid
• Big Data technology for Smart Grid
• 5G/6G technology based AI applications for Smart Grid
• IoT for Smart Grid
• Deep learning/neural network/machine learning technologies for Smart Grid and Smart Cities
Keywords: Smart grid, Artificial intelligence, Renewable energy, Optimal modelling, Optimization, Control, and Planning Strategies, Big data
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.