About this Research Topic
This Research Topic focuses on Fuego-Patagonia and explores the effects of climate change on glaciers and the biosphere on all time scales (past, present, future) using observations, remote sensing or modelling. Potential contributions may include, but are not limited to:
• past climates and variability as derived from paleo-archives including tree-ring records, isotopic signals, stalagmites, lake sediments and geomorphological evidence of past glacier extents;
• glacial history, glacier mass changes and future glacier response to climate forcing;
• isostasic responses to glacier change;
• effects of climate and glacier changes on terrestrial, lake and marine eco-systems and biodiversity;
• linkages of Fuego-Patagonia with the sub-antarctic islands and the northern Antarctic Peninsula.
Keywords: Climate Variability, Glaciers, Biosphere, Patagonia, Tierra del Fuego
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.