About this Research Topic
The goal of this Research Topic is to further promote the research development of transformation optics and its related branches and to inspire more frontier topics related to transformation optics. Specifically, this collection hopes to seek breakthroughs in the following areas (but not limited to): 1) new functional structures/devices based on transformation optics and/or metamaterials; 2) new efficient method of multi-physics field control based on transformation optics; 3) new cloaking methods.
The main topics of this Research Topic cover, but are not limited to, the following areas:
• Novel optical/electromagnetic devices by transformation optics
• Transformation optics for controlling other physical fields
• Optic-null medium and its applications
• Antennas and radiation by transformation optics and metamaterials
• New theory on transformation optics
• Invisibility cloak
• Optical conformal mapping
• Metamaterials and metasurfaces
Keywords: Transformation optics, Metamaterials, Metasurfaces, Antennas, Cloaking, Optic-null medium, Optical conformal mapping, Multi-physics field control, Deep learning
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.