About this Research Topic
This Research Topic will include papers on different topics related to hydro-mechanical coupling and creep behaviours of geomaterials, such as experimental founding and constitutive models and their engineering applications. In particular, the latest research achievements related with nonlinear fluid flow laws and new creep models in complex geomaterials subjected to 3D stresses will be encouraged.
The aim of this Research Topic is to cover recent research trends in hydro-mechanical coupling and creep behaviours of geomaterials. A broad range of submissions in theories, experimental techniques, numerical methods and engineering projects is welcome. Areas to be covered in this Research Topic may include, but are not limited to:
• Nonlinear flow behaviours in geomaterials;
• Creep characteristics of geomaterials;
• Mechanical and permeability characteristics of geomaterials;
• Constitutive modelling and numerical methods;
• Case studies related to hydro-mechanical coupling of geomaterials; and
• Case studies related to creep of geomaterials.
Keywords: geomaterials, hydro-mechanical coupling, creep behaviour, geological engineering, petrophysics
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.