About this Research Topic
Hence, the exploitation and implementation of various advanced optimization and control techniques to deal with such problems are critical for efficiency and stability enhancement, including frequency regulation, voltage support, converter control, parameter/state identification and estimation, MPPT design, planning and dispatching, power and load forecast, etc. Such optimization/control problems are generally complex and difficult to model and analyse, such that advanced techniques are required.
This Research Topic aims to collate original papers about advanced optimization and control strategies applied to power grids integrated with renewable energy. The targeted readers include both academic researchers and industry professionals. This Research Topic aims to provide a platform to promote up-to-date research and share promising ideas in the related fields. Review articles describing the state of the art are also welcomed.
Potential topics include but are not limited to the following:
· Power generators: photovoltaic units, fuel cells units, doubly-fed induction generators, permanent magnet synchronous generators, doubly-fed reluctance generators, hybrid-excited synchronous generators, wind-turbine electric power units, multi-phase generators, thermoelectric generation systems, distributed electric power transmission, and distribution systems.
· Power electronics: DC-DC converters, AC-DC converters, DC-AC inverters, and VSC-HVDC transmission systems.
· Power storage systems: batteries, supercapacitor energy storage systems, and superconducting magnetic energy storage systems.
· Optimization methods including meta-heuristic algorithms, reinforcement learning & transfer learning, and neural networks.
· Control strategies including fuzzy logic control, sliding-mode control, perturbation/disturbance observer-based control, H-infinity control, backstepping control, and other feedback control strategies.
Keywords: Renewable Energy Systems, Power System Operation, Optimization and Control Strategies, Artificial Intelligence Techniques, Meta-heuristic Algorithms
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.