About this Research Topic
The Research Topic “Nuclear Safety Design and Innovation” aims to publish the most advanced and timely nuclear technology research from around the world. This collection includes advanced accident tolerance fuels (cladding) and assorted thermal hydraulic methods. In particular, the following themes are included:
• advanced accident tolerant fuel material research,
• accident tolerant cladding material research (FeCrAl, SiC, Cr, TiAlN, TiAlC),
• accident tolerant fuel neutronic research,
• accident tolerant fuel mechanical research,
• accident tolerant fuel parameters testing in the whole nuclear power plant,
• thermal hydraulic method in primary systems,
• thermal hydraulic method in secondary systems,
• extra safety measures,
• nuclear safety innovation design,
• safety design for Gen IV reactors,
• nuclear safety industry applications.
In this Research Topic, all relevant accident tolerant fuels and thermal hydraulic research manuscripts are welcomed. Other topics not included but around these regions are also welcomed.
Keywords: Nuclear Safety, Thermal Hydraulic, Accident Tolerant Fuels, Design and Innovation
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.