About this Research Topic
This Research Topic aims to cover technical issues in the planning, operation, and management in modern energy supply nexus for promoting clean and sustainable energy supply. The Topic Editor Team solicits original research papers that target at innovative methods and techniques for power systems with high-penetration DERs.
The topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
· New methods and techniques for addressing uncertainties of DERs;
· Cybersecurity for DERs;
· Application of DER techniques for enhancing power system resilience;
· Applications of μPMUs in distribution systems;
· Planning and operation of active distribution networks/hybrid renewable energy systems;
· Integrated energy systems;
· Virtual power plants (VPPs) and demand response for the integration of DERs;
· Energy storage and electric vehicles for the integration of DERs;
· AC-DC microgrids/distribution systems;
· Application of artificial intelligence and big data techniques to support the operation of smart grids with DERs.
Keywords: Distributed energy resources, DERs, μPMU, Virtual power plants, Power system resilience
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.