About this Research Topic
Submissions can include the following themes, but are not limited to:
• Genetic mutation, and genetic variation that contribute to aging and age-related changes.
• Gene and environmental conditions that affect aging and senescence.
• Using biological models (cellular, insect and animal models, etc.) to explore the mechanism underlying aging, age-related changes and senescence.
• Genetic and epigenetic variations that alter cell and organ structure and function.
• The changes in transcriptional regulation, gene expression, cellular response, metabolism, protein modification, immune response, and stress response, which may contribute to aging and senescence.
Please inform the Editorial Office at firstname.lastname@example.org once you are prepared to submit.
All Rising Star researchers will be suggested by established Editors within our board in recognition of their influence on the future directions in their respective fields.
While future innovations in the genetics of aging are yet to be discovered, this Research Topic will give us a hint at whom to follow.
Keywords: Rising Stars, Genetics of aging, Aging, age-related diseases, genetic mutations, genetic variations, environmental factors
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.