About this Research Topic
The goal of this Research Topic, therefore, is to provide a practical summary of available guidelines and literature concerning all the possible applications of endoscopic stenting.
Specifically, the following topics should be considered:
- Esophageal stenting (benign, malignant, leaks)
- Gastro-duodenal stenting (benign, malignant, leaks)
- Colonic stenting (benign, malignant, leaks)
- ERCP and bilio-pancreatic stenting (benign and malignant)
- EUS-guided stenting ((benign, malignant)
Authors are invited to provide a practical review in the field of endoscopic stenting based on the algorithm "When, Which, How?" - when to stent, which stent for standardized and particular indications, how to place the stent, and general tips and tricks.
Keywords: Gastrointestinal Stents, Bilio-Pancreatic Stents, Plastic Stents, Self-Expandable Metal Stents, Lumen-Appoising Metal Stents
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.