Corrigendum: Clinical Features of Headache in Patients With Diagnosis of Definite Vestibular Migraine: The VM-Phenotypes Projects
- 1ENT Department, San Raffaele Scientific Hospital, Milan, Italy
- 2Headache Unit, Department of Neurology, San Raffaele Scientific Hospital, Milan, Italy
- 3Dipartimento di Scienze, Chirurgiche Università di Torino, Turin, Italy
- 4U. O. S. D. “Vestibologia e Otorinolaringoiatria” Presidio Ospedaliero “Giovanni Paolo II”, Policoro, Italy
- 5Department of Otolaryngology, Spedali Civili, University of Brescia, Brescia, Italy
- 6Otoneurology Unit, Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University Hospital of Salamanca, IBSAL, Salamanca, Spain
- 7Skull Base Unit, Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University Hospital of Salamanca, IBSAL, Salamanca, Spain
- 8Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Pisa University Medical School Otorhinolaryngology, Pisa University Medical School, Pisa, Italy
- 9Otology and Neurotology Group CTS495, Department of Genomic Medicine- Centro de Genómica e Investigación Oncológica - Pfizer/Universidad de Granada/Junta de Andalucía (GENYO), Granada, Spain
- 10Division of Otoneurology, Department of Otolaryngology, Instituto de Investigación Biosanitaria Ibs.GRANADA, Hospital Virgen de las Nieves, Granada, Spain
- 11Department of Otorhinolaryngology—Head and Neck Surgery, Poliambulanza Foundation Hospital, Brescia, Italy
- 12Otology and Skull Base Unit, Azienda Ospedaliera Universitaria Senese, Siena, Italy
- 13Department of Neurosciences, Imaging and Clinical Sciences, University of Chieti-Pescara, Chieti, Italy
- 14Unit of Audiology, Department of Surgical Sciences and Translational Medicine, Careggi Hospital, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
- 15Department of Otolaryngology, University Hospital of Getafe, Madrid, Spain
- 16Department of Neurology, University of Campania Luigi Vanvitelli, Naples, Italy
- 17Department of Neurosciences, Headache Centre, University of Parma, Parma, Italy
by Teggi, R., Colombo, B., Albera, R., Asprella Libonati, G., Balzanelli, C., Batuecas Caletrio, A., et al. (2018). Front. Neurol. 9:395. doi: 10.3389/fneur.2018.00395
In the original article, there was an error. The authors regret that, although it was mentioned in the Discussion section, it was not made sufficiently clear in the Materials and Methods section that the results presented on headache features are based, for the most part, on the same patients' population as described in a previous paper (see reference 16), in which however, only the vestibular aspects were reported.
A correction has been made to the Materials and Methods section, subsection Patients, paragraph one:
“In this cross-sectional observational multicentric study, 279 subjects were recruited in different centers in Italy and Spain between January 2016 and March 2017. Participating centers (in order of number of enrolled patients) were Naples (51 patients), Milan (45), Brescia (45), Florence (23), Turin (20), Granada (19), Pisa (16), Parma (15), Salamanca (12), Matera (12), Siena (10), Madrid (6), and Chieti (5). All patients presented a diagnosis of definite VM according to the Bárány/ICHD Society criteria (10). To be included, all patients should have at least five attacks of headache with migrainous features. Of the 279 subjects, 235 (84.2%) were female. The age at inclusion was 45.8 ± 13.8 years (range 18–78 years). All patients were interviewed by a senior neuro-otologist. A six months' follow-up was required to confirm the diagnoses before inclusion. The vestibular phenotype of 252 of the 279 subjects included in this study was previously published (14).”
The authors apologize for this error and state that this does not change the scientific conclusions of the article in any way. The original article has been updated.
14. Teggi R, Colombo B, Albera R, Asprella Libonati G, Balzanelli C, Batuecas Caletrio A, et al. Clinical features, familial history, and migraine precursors in patients with definite vestibular migraine: the VM-Phenotypes Projects. Headache (2017) 58:534–44. doi: 10.1111/head.13240
Keywords: Vestibular Migraine, vertigo, headache, migraine, clinical diagnosis, vestibular disorders
Citation: Teggi R, Colombo B, Albera R, Asprella Libonati G, Balzanelli C, Batuecas Caletrio A, Casani AP, Espinosa-Sanchez JM, Gamba P, Lopez-Escamez JA, Lucisano S, Mandalà M, Neri G, Nuti D, Pecci R, Russo A, Martin-Sanz E, Sanz R, Tedeschi G, Torelli P, Vannucchi P, Comi G and Bussi M (2020) Corrigendum: Clinical Features of Headache in Patients With Diagnosis of Definite Vestibular Migraine: The VM-Phenotypes Projects. Front. Neurol. 10:1374. doi: 10.3389/fneur.2019.01374
Received: 11 December 2019; Accepted: 11 December 2019;
Published: 24 January 2020.
Approved by:Frontiers Editorial Office, Frontiers Media SA, Switzerland
Copyright © 2020 Teggi, Colombo, Albera, Asprella Libonati, Balzanelli, Batuecas Caletrio, Casani, Espinosa-Sanchez, Gamba, Lopez-Escamez, Lucisano, Mandalà, Neri, Nuti, Pecci, Russo, Martin-Sanz, Sanz, Tedeschi, Torelli, Vannucchi, Comi and Bussi. This is an open-access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY). The use, distribution or reproduction in other forums is permitted, provided the original author(s) and the copyright owner(s) are credited and that the original publication in this journal is cited, in accordance with accepted academic practice. No use, distribution or reproduction is permitted which does not comply with these terms.
*Correspondence: Roberto Teggi, email@example.com