Impact Factor 2.889 | CiteScore 3.1
More on impact ›
The 'Experimental Therapeutics' section publishes high-quality translational and clinical manuscripts across all aspects of Clinical Neurology, with a particular focus on innovative interventional technologies and experimental treatments at the intersection of molecular discovery and patient care.
The 'Experimental Therapeutics' section of Frontiers in Neurology publishes high-quality translational and clinical manuscripts across all aspects of Clinical Neurology, with a particular focus on innovative interventional technologies and experimental treatments at the intersection of molecular discovery and patient care. The goal of this section is to deploy translational medicine to advance disease treatment in areas including, but not limited to:
• Gene therapy (including but not limited to adeno-associated virus, lentivirus, non-viral vectors, gene replacement, gene augmentation, gene silencing)
• Stem cells translational medicine (including but not limited to mesenchymal stem cells transplantation, autologous transplantation, allogenic transplantation)
• Invasive and non-invasive neuromodulation (including but not limited to deep brain stimulation, functional neurosurgery, responsive neurostimulation, neuromodulation, vagus nerve stimulation, local field potentials, magnetic stimulation, direct current stimulation)
• Experimental pharmacological therapies (including but not limited to functional neurosurgery, gene therapy, cell encapsulation technology, infusion pumps)
• Neuroprosthetics (including but not limited to implants, assistive technology, robotics, virtual reality, brain-computer interface)
All studies must contribute insights into experimental therapies for neurological disorders in human subjects. Studies dealing with basic science do not fall within the scope of this section and should be submitted to Journals of the Neuroscience series.
Indexed in: PubMed, PubMed Central (PMC), Scopus, Google Scholar, DOAJ, CrossRef, Embase, CLOCKSS
PMCID: all published articles receive a PMCID
Experimental Therapeutics welcomes submissions of the following article types: Brief Research Report, Case Report, Clinical Trial, Correction, Hypothesis and Theory, Methods, Mini Review, Opinion, Original Research, Perspective, Review, Specialty Grand Challenge, Study Protocol and Systematic Review.
All manuscripts must be submitted directly to the section Experimental Therapeutics, where they are peer-reviewed by the Associate and Review Editors of the specialty section.
Avenue du Tribunal Fédéral 34
CH – 1005 Lausanne
Tel +41(0)21 510 17 40
Fax +41 (0)21 510 17 01
For all queries regarding manuscripts in Review and potential conflicts of interest, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For queries regarding Research Topics, Editorial Board applications, and journal development, please contact email@example.com