Corrigendum: Influence of Dose Rate on the Cellular Response to Low- and High-LET Radiations
- 1UMR/CNRS 5822, Laboratoire de Radiobiologie Cellulaire et Moléculaire, Univ Lyon, UCBL1, Oullins, France
- 2Centre Hospitalier Lyon-Sud, Hospices-Civils-de-Lyon, Pierre-Bénite, France
- 3IPNL-LIRIS-CNRS-IN2P3, Villeurbanne, France
- 4Departement de Radiothérapie, Institut de Cancérologie de la Loire Lucien Neuwirth, St-Priest-en-Jarez, France
A Corrigendum on
Influence of Dose Rate on the Cellular Response to Low- and High-LET Radiations
by Wozny A-S, Alphonse G, Battiston-Montagne P, Simonet S, Poncet D, Testa E, et al. Front Oncol (2016) 6:58. doi: 10.3389/fonc.2016.00058
The error is in the Materials and Methods section. It concerns the energy of the irradiation and the type of irradiator used. The correct version of sub-section “Irradiation Procedure” of the Materials and Methods section appears below. The authors sincerely apologize for the mistake. This error does not change the scientific conclusions of the article in any way.
Photon irradiations were performed in the radiation therapy department of Hospices Civils de Lyon (France) using a Clinac CD linear accelerator (Varian Medical Systems, Inc., Palo Alto, CA, USA) and Carbon ion irradiations (72 MeV/u, LET 33.6 keV/µm) were realized at GANIL (Grand Accélérateur National d’Ions Lourds, Caen, France) facilities as previously described (1, 2).
Conflict of Interest Statement
The authors declare that the research was conducted in the absence of any commercial or financial relationships that could be construed as a potential conflict of interest.
1. Beuve M, Alphonse G, Maalouf M, Colliaux A, Battiston-Montagne P, Jalade P, et al. Radiobiologic parameters and local effect model predictions for head-and-neck squamous cell carcinomas exposed to high linear energy transfer ions. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys (2008) 71:635–42. doi:10.1016/j.ijrobp.2007.10.050
2. Maalouf M, Alphonse G, Colliaux A, Beuve M, Trajkovic-Bodennec S, Battiston-Montagne P, et al. Different mechanisms of cell death in radiosensitive and radioresistant p53 mutated head and neck squamous cell carcinoma cell lines exposed to carbon ions and x-rays. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys (2009) 74:200–9. doi:10.1016/j.ijrobp.2009.01.012
Keywords: high- and low-LET irradiations, carbon ions, photons, dose rate, DNA double-strand breaks, head-and-neck squamous cell carcinoma
Citation: Wozny A-S, Alphonse G, Battiston-Montagne P, Simonet S, Poncet D, Testa E, Guy J-B, Rancoule C, Magné N, Beuve M and Rodriguez-Lafrasse C (2017) Corrigendum: Influence of Dose Rate on the Cellular Response to Low- and High-LET Radiations. Front. Oncol. 6:271. doi: 10.3389/fonc.2016.00271
Received: 02 December 2016; Accepted: 20 December 2016;
Published: 19 January 2017
Edited and Reviewed by: John Varlotto, University of Massachusetts Medical Center, USA
Copyright: © 2017 Wozny, Alphonse, Battiston-Montagne, Simonet, Poncet, Testa, Guy, Rancoule, Magné, Beuve and Rodriguez-Lafrasse. This is an open-access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY). The use, distribution or reproduction in other forums is permitted, provided the original author(s) or licensor are credited and that the original publication in this journal is cited, in accordance with accepted academic practice. No use, distribution or reproduction is permitted which does not comply with these terms.
*Correspondence: Claire Rodriguez-Lafrasse, firstname.lastname@example.org
†These authors have contributed equally to this work and should be considered as last co-authors.