Corrigendum: Genetic and Phenotypic Characterization of the Etiological Agent of Canine Orchiepididymitis Smooth Brucella sp. BCCN84.3
- 1Programa de Investigación en Enfermedades Tropicales (PIET), Escuela de Medicina Veterinaria, Universidad Nacional, Heredia, Costa Rica
- 2Facultad de Microbiología, Centro de Investigación en Enfermedades Tropicales, Universidad de Costa Rica, San José, Costa Rica
- 3ISP, INRA, Université François Rabelais de Tours, Nouzilly, France
- 4Centro Nacional de Referencia en Bacteriología, Instituto Costarricense de Investigación y Enseñanza en Nutrición y Salud (INCIENSA), Cartago, Costa Rica
- 5IDISNA and Departamento de Microbiología y Parasitología, Instituto de Salud Tropical, Universidad de Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
- 6Unidad de Producción y Sanidad Animal, Instituto Agroalimentario de Aragón-IA2, CITA-Universidad de Zaragoza, Zaragoza, Spain
- 7Pathogen Genomics, Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Hinxton, United Kingdom
- 8Institute for Integrative Biology, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
by Guzmán-Verri, C., Suárez-Esquivel, M., Ruíz-Villalobos, N., Zygmunt, M. S., Gonnet, M., Campos, E., et al. (2019). Front. Vet. Sci. 6:175. doi: 10.3389/fvets.2019.00175
In the original article, there was an error. In the Funding statement is written that MZ was granted with a fellowship from SEP, Universidad de Costa Rica. The correct Initials are MS-E.
A correction has been made to the Funding statement:
This work was supported by FEES-CONARE, Costa Rica; Fondo Institucional de Desarrollo Académico (FIDA), Universidad Nacional; Wellcome Trust; CITA-INIA, Spain (project Bru-Epidia 291815-FP7/ERANET/ANIHWA); MINECO (AGL2014-58795-CA), and Aragon Government (Consolidated Group A14). Authors from the Sanger Institute were supported by Wellcome Trust (098051). NR-V was partially sponsored by a scholarship from the University of Costa Rica. KB was founded by a Wellcome Trust Postdoctoral Training Fellowship for Clinicians (106690/Z/14/Z). MS-E was granted with a fellowship from SEP, Universidad de Costa Rica.
Additionally, an inaccurate sentence was included in Author Contributions stating that MZ kept the bacterium in ISP, INRA collection.
A correction has been made to Author Contributions statement:
EM, CG-V, and AC conceived the study. EM, CG-V, IM, NT, and JB obtained funding. EC and EM performed the isolation of the bacterium. CC-D performed fatty acid analysis. CG-V, MS-E, KB, AC, NR-V, MZ, EV-R, and MG performed genomics analyses. RC-Á, BA-A, and IM performed the LPS and lipid characterization. JB, EC, PM, and IM performed the bacteriological analysis. EM, CG-V, MS-E, AC, NR-V, NT, MG, and CC-D performed data interpretation. EM and CG-V wrote the paper. All authors read and approved the manuscript content.
The authors apologize for these errors and state that they do not change the scientific conclusions of the article in any way. The original article has been updated.
Keywords: Brucella, Brucella melitensis, Brucella suis, Brucella canis, brucellosis, dog, species, epididymitis
Citation: Guzmán-Verri C, Suárez-Esquivel M, Ruíz-Villalobos N, Zygmunt MS, Gonnet M, Campos E, Víquez-Ruiz E, Chacón-Díaz C, Aragón-Aranda B, Conde-Álvarez R, Moriyón I, Blasco JM, Muñoz PM, Baker KS, Thomson NR, Cloeckaert A and Moreno E (2019) Corrigendum: Genetic and Phenotypic Characterization of the Etiological Agent of Canine Orchiepididymitis Smooth Brucella sp. BCCN84.3. Front. Vet. Sci. 6:253. doi: 10.3389/fvets.2019.00253
Received: 07 July 2019; Accepted: 15 July 2019;
Published: 02 August 2019.
Copyright © 2019 Guzmán-Verri, Suárez-Esquivel, Ruíz-Villalobos, Zygmunt, Gonnet, Campos, Víquez-Ruiz, Chacón-Díaz, Aragón-Aranda, Conde-Álvarez, Moriyón, Blasco, Muñoz, Baker, Thomson, Cloeckaert and Moreno. This is an open-access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY). The use, distribution or reproduction in other forums is permitted, provided the original author(s) and the copyright owner(s) are credited and that the original publication in this journal is cited, in accordance with accepted academic practice. No use, distribution or reproduction is permitted which does not comply with these terms.
*Correspondence: Edgardo Moreno, firstname.lastname@example.org