Your research can change the world
More on impact ›
The Data Visualization section publishes high-quality research exploring the use of visualization in analyzing data from any area of research covered by Frontiers in Bioinformatics. Visualization is a primary strategy used by researchers both to explore data and to communicate new insights, and is therefore integral to many aspects of scientific software, including the design of graphic interfaces, user experience, and human-computer interaction.
We invite submissions that present original research using data visualization applied to a broad range of interdisciplinary topics, including studies that:
• Propose novel visual solutions tailored to specific data scenarios
• Report software prototypes demonstrating novel visual solutions
• Report software systems applying existing visual concepts to the analysis or communication of new types of experimental data
• Present design studies documenting how visual encoding has been tailored in new software applications to address specific data analysis or communication challenges
• Present user studies that evaluate the effectiveness of visual approaches
Indexed in: Google Scholar, CrossRef, Semantic Scholar, CLOCKSS, OpenAIRE
Data Visualization welcomes submissions of the following article types: Brief Research Report, Case Report, Correction, Data Report, Editorial, General Commentary, Hypothesis and Theory, Methods, Mini Review, Opinion, Original Research, Perspective, Review, Specialty Grand Challenge, Systematic Review and Technology and Code.
All manuscripts must be submitted directly to the section Data Visualization, where they are peer-reviewed by the Associate and Review Editors of the specialty section.
Avenue du Tribunal Fédéral 34
CH – 1005 Lausanne
Tel +41(0)21 510 17 40
Fax +41 (0)21 510 17 01
For all queries regarding manuscripts in Review and potential conflicts of interest, please contact email@example.com
For queries regarding Research Topics, Editorial Board applications, and journal development, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org