Your research can change the world
More on impact ›
The Nanophotonics section publishes high-quality fundamental and applied research spanning the fields of nanophotonics, a key rapidly growing area of nanotechnology focused on fundamental aspects of the behavior of light at the nanoscale, and of the interaction of nanometer-scale objects with light.
The Nanophotonics section publishes high-quality fundamental and applied research spanning the fields of nanophotonics, a key rapidly growing area of nanotechnology focused on fundamental aspects of the behavior of light at the nanoscale, and of the interaction of nanometer-scale objects with light. The section is dedicated to all light-(nano)matter interactions and its applications to nanophotonic devices, photonic integrated systems, optical sensors and optical communications.
Areas covered by this section include, but are not limited to:
• Opto-nanoelectronics and opto-nanomechanics
• Integrated optical devices and photovoltaic devices
• Liquid crystals, displays and photonic crystals
• Optical properties and applications of (2D)-materials
• Photonic metamaterials, photoluminescence and fluorescent materials
• Nonlinear optics
• Optical nanoantennae
• Light-matter interaction at the nanoscale
• Optical fibers, free-space and satellite communications
• Terahertz and X-ray optics
• Ultrafast and ato-optics
• Optics at surfaces
• Topological photonics
• Quantum optics
• Image and signal processing
• Imaging systems and optical microscopy
• Optical sources and amplifiers
• Laser optics
• Optical sensors and detectors
• Silicon photonics
• On-chip optical networks
• Advanced photonic modulation: devices, systems, and techniques
• Deep learning for photonic nanostructures design
• Computational photonics and device modelling
• Semiconductor optics
• Laser machining and fabrication techniques
The Nanophotonics section also encourages articles on technologies for the integration of electronic and photonic systems, on-chip optical networks and the commercialization of photonic nanodevices. Articles with a strong focus on device nanofabrication and biomedical applications may be better suited to our sister Nanodevices and Biomedical Nanotechnology sections of the journal.
Indexed in: Google Scholar, DOAJ, CrossRef, CLOCKSS, OpenAIRE
Nanophotonics welcomes submissions of the following article types: Correction, Methods, Mini Review, Original Research, Perspective, Review, Specialty Grand Challenge and Technology and Code.
All manuscripts must be submitted directly to the section Nanophotonics, where they are peer-reviewed by the Associate and Review Editors of the specialty section.
Avenue du Tribunal Fédéral 34
CH – 1005 Lausanne
Tel +41(0)21 510 17 40
Fax +41 (0)21 510 17 01
For all queries regarding manuscripts in Review and potential conflicts of interest, please contact email@example.com
For queries regarding Research Topics, Editorial Board applications, and journal development, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org