Your research can change the world
More on impact ›
The Nanomaterials section publishes high-quality fundamental and applied research related to the synthesis, assembly and characterization of functional nanomaterials and nanostructures of various composition prepared by various techniques. Areas of interest include, but are not limited to:
• Synthesis of nanostructured and nanoscale materials
• Self-assembly, directed self-assembly and molecular organization
• Functionalization of nanomaterials
• Engineering and characterization of functional nanomaterials
• Properties of nanomaterials and nanostructures
• 0D nanostructures: nanoparticles, nanoclusters and nanocrystals (incl. quantum dots)
• 1D nanostructures: nanotubes, nanowires, nanorods
• 2D nanostructures: nanosheets, thin layers (incl. nanolayers, multilayers)
• Nanocomposites, hybrids and nanocrystalline materials
This section also encourages articles with a strong focus on the green synthesis and sustainable design of nanomaterials, as well as their application and commercialization across all areas.
Descriptive characterization studies and work solely reporting on toxicity, nano-bio interactions, regulatory approaches and risk assessment do not fall within the scope of this section.
Indexed in: 1Science, Bielefeld Academic Search Engine (BASE), Chinese Academy of Sciences GoOA, CLOCKSS, CNKI Scholar, CrossRef, DeepGreen, DOAJ, Google Scholar, Inspec, Jisc, MyScienceWork, OpenAIRE, Scopus, Semantic Scholar, Sherpa/Romeo
Nanomaterials welcomes submissions of the following article types: Brief Research Report, Correction, Editorial, Methods, Mini Review, Original Research, Perspective, Review and Technology and Code.
All manuscripts must be submitted directly to the section Nanomaterials, where they are peer-reviewed by the Associate and Review Editors of the specialty section.
Avenue du Tribunal Fédéral 34
CH – 1005 Lausanne
Tel +41(0)21 510 17 40
Fax +41 (0)21 510 17 01
For all queries regarding manuscripts in Review and potential conflicts of interest, please contact email@example.com
For queries regarding Research Topics, Editorial Board applications, and journal development, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org