Impact Factor 5.201 | CiteScore 5.8
More on impact ›
'Cellular and Molecular Reproduction’ welcomes contributions in the fields of germ cell specification, folliculogenesis and spermatogenesis, gamete differentiation and functional specialization, fertilization and pre-implantation embryo development, on a wide range of vertebrates and invertebrate species extending to plant gametes.Read More
The aim of the section 'Cellular and Molecular Reproduction' is to attract scientific contributions and readership in the fields of germ cell specification, folliculogenesis and spermatogenesis, gamete differentiation and functional specialization, fertilization and pre-implantation embryo development, on a wide range of vertebrates and invertebrate species extending to plant gametes.
Submissions providing insights into the cellular and molecular mechanisms underpinning all these events are encouraged. These include evolutionary and comparative aspects of gamete production, morphology, and function. In particular, we welcome submissions on the following topics:
1) Germ cell specification including those afforded by inherited germ plasm or via induction by signaling molecules.
2) Folliculogenesis comprising follicular activation, growth, and development, oocyte-granulosa cells cross talk, and stage-specific gene expression.
3) Spermatogenesis including the areas of spermatogonia proliferation and differentiation, testicular niche, spermiogenesis, blood-testis barrier and its components.
4) Oocyte maturation and sperm capacitation including molecular control of resumption of meiosis, organelle reorganization, mRNA processing and fate, metaphase II arrest, sperm motility and hyperactivation, oviductal transport and storage, acrosome reaction.
5) Sperm:egg interaction at the levels of the zona pellucida and plasma membrane, including those changes associated with blocks to polyspermy.
6) Egg activation events including Ca2 signaling, exit of meiosis and cell cycle regulation, chromatin processing and PN formation, and setting up the first meiotic division.
7) Pre-implantation embryo development starting with genome demethylation, activation of the embryonic genome, regulation of embryo cleavage and cell allocation.
All articles must report high-quality reproducible work of significant interest to the broad field of reproductive biology. Studies that represent a significant step forward in the practice of Assisted Reproductive Technologies are also welcome.
Descriptive characterization studies, and work reporting mainly on endocrinological findings or comparisons between treatments to improve reproductive success or gamete function do not fall within the scope of this section.
Indexed in: PubMed, PubMed Central (PMC), Scopus, Web of Science Science Citation Index Expanded (SCIE), Google Scholar, DOAJ, CrossRef, Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS), Ulrich's Periodicals Directory, CLOCKSS, OpenAIRE
PMCID: all published articles receive a PMCID
Molecular and Cellular Reproduction welcomes submissions of the following article types: Brief Research Report, Correction, Data Report, Editorial, General Commentary, Hypothesis and Theory, Methods, Mini Review, Opinion, Original Research, Perspective, Review, Specialty Grand Challenge and Technology and Code.
All manuscripts must be submitted directly to the section Molecular and Cellular Reproduction, where they are peer-reviewed by the Associate and Review Editors of the specialty section.
Avenue du Tribunal Fédéral 34
CH – 1005 Lausanne
Tel +41(0)21 510 17 40
Fax +41 (0)21 510 17 01
For all queries regarding manuscripts in Review and potential conflicts of interest, please contact email@example.com
For queries regarding Research Topics, Editorial Board applications, and journal development, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org