More on impact ›
The Planetary Science section of Frontiers in Astronomy and Space Sciences publishes original, peer-reviewed and high-quality fundamental and applied research across all aspects of the field of Planetary Science. Frontiers in Astronomy and Space Sciences welcome original scientific contributions, with different article types, from researchers around the world in the area of planetary science and related science.
Planetary Science is an interdisciplinary field combining aspects of astronomy and astrophysics with geology, physics, biology, chemistry, geophysics, meteorology, earth and space sciences engineering. It includes the study of planets and their moons, and planetary systems, in particular the Solar System. It involves observations, models and simulations, laboratory and theoretical studies, and exploration, instrumentation and missions.
Areas covered by this section include, but are not limited to:
· Atmospheres and aeronomy of planets and moons
· Interior, surface, composition, environment, structure, processes and interactions
· Observations and remote sensing at all wavelengths and in situ measurements, and data analysis of planets and moons
· Simulations, modelling and theoretical studies
· Planetary and Moon Exploration and field studies of space analogues
· Planetary Missions
· Instrumentation and mission concepts
· Laboratory and experimental activities in support of planetary Science
· Planet Formation and Evolution
· Clouds, aerosols and hazes in planetary atmospheres
· Comparative planetology
· Celestial mechanics, planetary geodesy and dynamics, including application to planets, satellites and ring systems
· Small bodies, dust and rings
· Planetary impact processes
· Planetary science databases, tools and data analytics
· History of planetary research, and public engagement in Planetary Science through emerging technology
Indexed in: Google Scholar, DOAJ, CrossRef, Astrophics Data System (SAO/NASA ADS), Web of Science Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI) , INSPIRE, CLOCKSS
Planetary Science welcomes submissions of the following article types: Correction, Data Report, Editorial, General Commentary, Hypothesis and Theory, Mini Review, Opinion, Original Research, Perspective, Review and Specialty Grand Challenge.
All manuscripts must be submitted directly to the section Planetary Science, where they are peer-reviewed by the Associate and Review Editors of the specialty section.
Avenue du Tribunal Fédéral 34
CH – 1005 Lausanne
Tel +41(0)21 510 17 40
Fax +41 (0)21 510 17 01
For all queries regarding manuscripts in Review and potential conflicts of interest, please contact email@example.com
For queries regarding Research Topics, Editorial Board applications, and journal development, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org