Impact Factor 4.008 | CiteScore 2.6
More on impact ›
This section aims to publish cutting-edge research related to fuel cells within materials science and engineering, physics, chemistry and electrochemistry.
We encourage the submission of original research and topical reviews emphasizing scientific or engineering perspectives, experimental or theoretical approaches, covering all issues related to fuel cells.
Topics of interest to the Fuel Cells section include, but are not limited to;
Types of fuel cells:
· alkaline fuel cells,
· direct carbon fuel cells,
· microbial fuel cells,
· phosphoric acid fuel cells,
· proton exchange membrane fuel cells,
· solid oxide fuel cells.
Allied electrochemical membrane-based technologies:
· steam electrolysis, partial oxidation of hydrocarbons, synthesis of ammonia,
· separation of hydrogen, oxygen, carbon dioxide or nitrogen oxides.
· synthesis, processing and characterization of electrolytes, electrodes, interconnects, sealants, catalysts, barrier layers, substrates for fuel cell and membrane applications.
· engineering of fuel cell device components, singular devices and integrated systems (e.g. microtubular, tubular, corrugated, plane, single chamber, electrode supported or electrolyte supported fuel cells),
· testing of fuel cell constituents and entire cells, including endurance and accelerated ageing,
· production and recycling technologies for fuel cells,
· fuel processing.
Indexed in: CLOCKSS, CrossRef, DOAJ, EI Compendex, Google Scholar, Scopus, Web of Science Science Citation Index Expanded (SCIE)
Fuel Cells, Electrolyzers and Membrane Reactors welcomes submissions of the following article types: Brief Research Report, Correction, Data Report, Editorial, General Commentary, Hypothesis and Theory, Methods, Mini Review, Opinion, Original Research, Perspective, Policy and Practice Reviews, Review and Technology and Code.
All manuscripts must be submitted directly to the section Fuel Cells, Electrolyzers and Membrane Reactors, where they are peer-reviewed by the Associate and Review Editors of the specialty section.
Avenue du Tribunal Fédéral 34
CH – 1005 Lausanne
Tel +41(0)21 510 17 40
Fax +41 (0)21 510 17 01
For all queries regarding manuscripts in Review and potential conflicts of interest, please contact email@example.com
For queries regarding Research Topics, Editorial Board applications, and journal development, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org