Frontiers journals are at the top of citation and impact metrics
This section publishes research articles on all aspects of Pediatric Surgery, from experimental research to clinical papers. We are particularly interested in
- long term outcomes,
- prospective uni- or multi-institutional studies,
- basic science research with application to the pediatric surgical diseases,
- new diagnostic options,
- new surgical techniques and treatment modalities,
- improvements to existing techniques,
- minimally invasive and robotic surgery,
- pediatric plastic and hand surgery,
- pediatric surgical oncology,
- prenatal diagnosis and treatment,
- pediatric gastrointestinal surgery,
- pediatric thoracic surgery,
- pediatric burns and trauma,
- pediatric urology,
- pediatric endocrine surgery,
- pediatric neurosurgery,
- pediatric anesthesia and pain control as well as all other aspects of surgery in children.
Our goal is to present cutting edge advances in the specialty, to stimulate new research in all areas of surgical diseases of childhood, and to promote discussion on the numerous controversial areas in our field.
Indexed in: PubMed, PubMed Central, Web of Science, Google Scholar, DOAJ, Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS), Science Citation Index Expanded, CLOCKSS
Pediatric Surgery welcomes submissions of the following article types: Case Report, Clinical Study Protocol, Clinical Trial, Correction, Editorial, General Commentary, Hypothesis and Theory, Methods, Mini Review, Opinion, Original Research, Perspective, Review, Systematic Review and Technology Report.
All manuscripts must be submitted directly to the section Pediatric Surgery, where they are peer-reviewed by the Associate and Review Editors of the specialty section.
Articles published in the section Pediatric Surgery will benefit from the Frontiers impact and tiering system after online publication. Authors of published original research with the highest impact, as judged democratically by the readers, will be invited by the Chief Editor to write a Frontiers Focused Review - a tier-climbing article. This is referred to as "democratic tiering". The author selection is based on article impact analytics of original research published in all Frontiers specialty journals and sections. Focused Reviews are centered on the original discovery, place it into a broader context, and aim to address the wider community across all of Surgery and Pediatrics.
Avenue du Tribunal Fédéral 34
CH – 1005 Lausanne
Tel +41(0)21 510 17 40
Fax +41 (0)21 510 17 01
For all queries regarding manuscripts in Review and potential conflicts of interest, please contact email@example.com
For queries regarding Research Topics, Editorial Board applications, and journal development, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org