About this Research Topic
This Research Topic aims to discuss agroclimatic constraints and the consequences of climate change on crop production, soil, and water resources. It will recommend adaptive measures proven or potentially implementable to dampen the negative impacts of climate change on crop yield and water quality. It will amass encouraging approaches or methods to ensure agricultural production becomes more resilient and share experiences on involving stakeholders to be more capable of choosing and applying the appropriate measures.
Following themes are invited, but are not limited to:
- Climate change impacts on water resources in agriculture production systems.
- The impact on agroclimatic patterns: Climate trends, seasonal shifts, extreme events.
- Strategies to increase agricultural resilience: planning, operation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Adaptive measures to anticipate more frequent and prolonged droughts and floods.
- Mitigation approaches in reducing greenhouse gases emissions
- Enhancing biomass production and accumulation for soil carbon sequestration
- Boosting farmers’ and other stakeholders' awareness and participation in mitigation and adaptive measures.
- Other mitigation and adaptation measures to enhance agriculture resilience.
Keywords: Flood, Drought, Yield, Technology, Forecast, Models, climate change
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.