About this Research Topic
This Research Topic aims to present scientific studies on reading acquisition in CSL/CFL learners that help to reveal the developmental trajectories of reading ability and the contributions of various perceptual, linguistic, and cognitive factors to reading development in CSL/CFL learners. Welcome contributions will focus on reading acquisition in CSL/CFL learners at all levels such as character, word, sentence, and passage. Particular attention will be given to the integration of behavioral, electrophysiological, and neuroimaging techniques to reveal the mechanisms underlying Chinese character recognition and semantic integration during reading.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
• Development of orthographic awareness;
• Development of morphological skills;
• Sentence/passage reading and the contributing linguistic and cognitive factors;
• The relationship between listening comprehension and reading;
• Electrophysiological (e.g., the ERP components N170 and N400) and neuroimaging measures (e.g., activation of the visual word form area in the left fusiform gyrus) of various reading processes.
Keywords: Reading acquisition, Chinese as a second/foreign language learners, Chinese character, Sentence and passage reading, Electrophysiological measures, Neuroimaging measures
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.