About this Research Topic
Cryptocurrencies have a wide adoption in (dark) markets and financial activities (for example, goods purchasing, fundraising, etc.), criminal activities (for example, fraud, money laundering, pyramid schemes, etc.) and gaming (for example, gambling, lottery, etc.). The public transaction records contain rich information and complete traces of these activities. A comprehensive study of cryptocurrency transaction networks not only advances physics theories of complex networks and graph data mining techniques but also benefits the development of novel financial technologies and regulation technologies.
This Research Topic welcomes Original Research contributions including, but are not limited to, the following themes:
1. Structural properties of transaction networks
2. Evolution mechanisms of transaction networks
3. Statistical models of transaction networks
4. Large-scale graph mining techniques
5. Identification/de-anonymization of blockchain addresses/accounts
6. Market and financial activities mining
7. Criminal activities mining
8. Game activities mining
9. Visualization of transaction networks
Keywords: Cryptocurrency, Blockchain, Temporal network, Graph mining, Financial security, Complex network
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.